Reverse Cable Fly
Reverse Cable Fly Instructions
- Set both attachment points to slightly above your head.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance at shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged with your shoulders pinned back and chest up.
- You have a neutral spine with a flat back.
- Grab the left handle with your right hand and the right handle with your left hand.
- Stand in between the two stacks of weight, slightly behind the midline.
- With your elbows slightly bent, retract and use your posterior shoulder to abduct both arms across your body.
- Hands will finish slightly above your hips.
- The finished position should feel as if you are squeezing a quarter between your shoulder blades.
- Keep your chest up. Don't let your shoulders roll forward.
- You do NOT want the feeling of your upper traps elevating or shrugging.
- Keep your shoulders blades down and back throughout the whole exercise.
- Do not arch your back excessively, keep your core tight to combat this.