Pec Dec (Butterfly)
Pec Dec Instructions
- Grab the handles and keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Begin by bringing the handles forward while keeping your body is steady.
- Keep your arms in this fixed position and control the weight fully though the full range-of-motion.
- Create the mind-muscle connection that your chest is controlling the weight.
- The arms or momentum should not contribute to the exercise.
- Don't let your posture collapse as you fatigue.
- Chest up and eyes fixated straight ahead.
- Maintain tension on the chest musculature throughout the duration.
- The arms should remain slightly bent throughout the movement. The arms are a lever between the chest and the handles.
- No need to utilize excessively heavy weight. This exercise is an accessory movement meant for hypertrophy and volume.
- The focus of this exercise should be on the stretching and contraction of the chest musculature and should be done at a slow pace.
- Going too heavy on weight can ruin the stretch and defeat the purpose of the exercise.
- Imagine you are hugging a tree as you perform the exercise.