One Arm Preacher Curl
One Arm Preacher Curl Instructions
- Grab a DB and get into a starting position with the upper arms and chest situated against the padding.
- To start, the DB is roughly shoulder height.
- Lower the weight slowly until your arm is fully extended but there is still a slight bend in the elbow. Feel your biceps elongating and controlling the motion.
- For this movement especially, the eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- Curl the bar to the starting position using your bicep and no added momentum.
- The purpose of the preacher curl is to isolate the bicep, negating momentum or other musculature.