One Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press
One Arm DB Shoulder Press Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly flexed
- Core is braced with a neutral spine.
- Lift the dumbbell to shoulder height.
- The opposite hand is resting on your stomach or hip
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the start of the movement. Your forearms and wrists remain vertical throughout the movement.
- They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Your wrists never "roll" back.
- With your palm facing forward, press the dumbbells overhead until the arm is extended.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward as you press.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Your arm will finish fully extended overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level.
- Don't lose your strong posture as you fatigue. Don't let your low back arch!