One Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press
One Arm Dumbbell Shoulder Press Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Lift the dumbbell to shoulder height.
- The opposite hand is resting on your stomach or hip
- With your palm facing forward, press the dumbbells overhead until the arms are extended.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Your arm will finish in a neutral position overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level.
- Visualize bringing your armpit forward as you complete the movement.
- Keep your shoulders pinned back and chest up throughout the exercise.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the beginning of the movement. They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- You do not want to be arching your lumbar excessively.