Oblique Crunch Instructions
- Lie down on the floor with your legs slightly bent at the knee.
- Rotate your hips subtly to one side.
- 11 o'clock if targeting the right oblique.
- 1 o'clock for the left.
- Whatever side you are trying to work, put that respective hand behind your head.
- There will be slight rotation with this exercise since your hips are rotated.
- Initiate and control the movement with your obliques by elevating and rotating your torso subtly towards the knee.
- Your elbow will come off of the ground towards the knee.
- This is not a large range-of-motion.
- Return to the starting position and feel your oblique lengthen during the eccentric.
- This is a controlled movement with a limited range-of-motion. Resist the urge to speed through it.
- Everything is initiated and controlled by the obliques, not momentum.