Middle Back Shrug
Middle Back Shrug Instructions
- Set an incline bench to about 30-40 degrees.
- Lay with your chest against the padding and your feet secured on the floor.
- Grip the dumbbells with your hands in a neutral position.
- Let your arms hang fully extended in front of you. You do want a slight bend in your elbow.
- Retract your shoulders blades/scapulas. Imagine you are trying to pinch a quarter between them.
- Hold for a one-count then release. Lower the weights to the starting position.
- You can use Dumbbells or Kettlebells to complete the movement.
- Your torso remains tight and in the same position from start to finish. Don't pull your torso up/back or overextend/arch your back to move the weight.
- Don't shrug up. Your traps should never elevate when performing this movement.