Lying Rear Delt Raise
Lying Rear Delt Raise Instructions
- Lay chest down on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Arms are relaxed and extended to the floor.
- Have a slight flex your elbows.
- Using your posterior shoulder, raise your arms out to your side til they are parallel to the floor.
- At the top, your body should form a 'T'
- Don't let your traps roll forward while executing the movement.
- Your thumbs should be pointing to the ceiling at the top of the movement.
- Lower to the starting position.
- Start with bodyweight only and feel the contraction in your posterior shoulder.
- Think about pinching a coin with your shoulder blades at the top of the exercise.
- Avoid excessively heavy weight, this exercise is about activating your posterior shoulder.