Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension Instructions
- Select the appropriate dumbbell weight and set it on the floor at the end of a flat bench. Sit down on the edge of the bench.
- Pick the weight up of the floor with your palms holding underneath one end of the dumbbell. Palms will face upward.
- Lay back slowly on the bench and position the dumbbell above your head by fully extending both arms. This will be your starting position.
- Lower the dumbbell towards your head in a semicircular motion slowly until the dumbbell is just about to touch your head. Pause briefly.
- Push the dumbbell back to the start via tricep muscles.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Your body should remain as fixed as possible.
- The heavier the weight, the more potentially dangerous this can be. Have someone hand you the weight if necessary.
- Use a lighter weight to start out.