Incline Hammer Curls
Incline Hammer Curls Instructions
- Set an incline bench to about 45 degrees. Place the back of your upper arm against the padding. Support yourself with the unoccupied arm by holding the bench.
- Fully extend your arm to where the dumbbell is just a couple of inches away from touching the bench and your palm facing inward.
- Maintain the neutral hand position, curl the dumbbells up through a full range-of-motion. Your forearms are strongly activated in this curl variation.
- Thumbs are always pointed to you during the movement.
- Lower the weight back down slowly, without letting it touch the bench.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- Your upper arms and body should remain fixed for the whole exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- The purpose of the bench is to isolate the bicep and forearm, negating momentum or other musculature.