Incline Dumbbell Curls
Incline Dumbbell Curls Instructions
- Set a bench to an incline.
- Sit back on the bench with your back flat and pick up the dumbbells with an underhand grip. Your palms should face up. With the addition of a slight flex to the elbows, this is your starting position.
- Curl the weight up with the biceps and forearms controlling the movement.
- After a brief pause, lower to the starting position.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or leaning backwards.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.