Incline Cable Fly
Incline Cable Fly Instructions
- Place an incline bench in the center of the cables.
- Set the pulleys at the lowest level possible.
- Grab a handle in each hand and lay back on the incline bench with your hands together over your face for the initial position.
- Press the handles above you.
- The elbows are slightly bent.
- Open your arms out to both sides in a wide curve (semicircular motion).
- Don't go beyond your normal range-of-motion or at/below your chest.
- You should feel a strong stretch in your chest musculature.
- Using your chest musculature, bring your arms back to the starting position using the same range of motion (semicircle) as the eccentric.
- The arms should remain slightly bent throughout the movement. The arms are a lever between the chest and the handles.
- The focus of this exercise should be on the stretching and contraction of the chest musculature and should be done at a controlled pace.
- Refrain from pushing the weight up in a triangular motion.