Flat Bench Cable Fly
Flat Bench Cable Fly Instructions
- Place a flat bench in between the cables, set the pulleys on the lowest setting and select the appropriate weight.
- Grab a handle in each hand with palms facing the ceiling and lay back on the bench.
- With the elbows bent slightly, pull the cables up directly over your chest.
- Guide the weight in a semicircular motion on the descent, with your arms acting as a lever for your chest.
- After a pause at the bottom, bring the weight back in the same plane as the descent.
- Go lighter on this exercise, as it is intended to be executed slowly and through a full range-of-motion.
- The arms should not actively contribute. You want the chest musculature controlling the weight.