Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press Instructions
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Core braced
- Neutral spine
- Feet rooted in the ground
- Lift the dumbbells to shoulder height. Use your thighs to “bump” the weight up if needed.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the start of the movement. Your forearms and wrists remain vertical throughout the movement.
- They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Your wrists never "roll" back.
- With palms facing forward, press the dumbbells overhead until the arms are extended.
- Imagine bringing your armpits forward as you press.
- Don't let the weight stray from your mid-line.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Your arms will finish fully extended overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level.
- Don't lose your strong posture as you fatigue.
- Your low back should not be arched.