Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press Instructions
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, core braced, and shoulders pinned back.
- Lift the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time. Use your thighs to “bump” the weight up if needed.
- With palms facing forward, press the dumbbells overhead until the arms are extended.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting level.
- Keep your shoulders pinned back and chest up throughout the exercise.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the beginning of the movement. They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Keep your low back pinned to the bench. You do not want to be arching your lumbar excessively.