Dumbbell Reverse Curl
Dumbbell Reverse Curl Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged.
- Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip.
- The back of your hand is facing straight ahead.
- Maintaining fixed upper arms, use your forearm and bicep to curl the weight up until they reach shoulder height.
- Avoid shrugging your shoulders.
- The biceps and forearms are controlling the movement.
- At the top of the movement, your palms are facing straight ahead.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to starting position.
- Don't "drop" the weight from the top.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.