Dumbbell Hamstring Curl
Dumbbell Hamstring Curl Instructions
- Find an elevated bench (or take a flat bench and raise it by placing a block or platform underneath one end). If neither is accessible, a flat bench will suffice.
- Select the appropriate dumbbell weight and rest it on the ground at the lower end of the bench.
- Lay down on the bench face down and situate yourself to where your knees meet the edge of the bench.
- Take the dumbbell from the floor up in between the arches of your feet (or have someone place the weight in between your feet for you).
- To finalize starting position, your legs should be fully lengthened and your arms hugging the bench for support.
- Initiate the movement by curling the weight up towards your butt via flexion of the knees only. Raise the weight as far as you can or to a 90 degree angle ideally.
- After a pause, lower the weight back down slowly.
- Repeat for however many reps you need.
Dumbbell Hamstring Curl Tips
- Avoid using too heavy of a dumbbell to avoid swinging motions of your body. Your body should remain fixed throughout the set.
- Focus on pulling the dumbbell up by engaging your hamstrings.