Decline Dumbbell Flys
Decline Dumbbell Flys Instruction
- Position your legs securely in the padding of the decline bench and lay back slowly with a dumbbell in each hand (palms facing each other) resting atop of your thighs.
- Extend your arms out above (palms still facing each other).
- With elbows slightly bent, lower the weights in a semicircular motion to your sides.
- You should aim for a stretch in the chest musculature.
- Don't lower farther than your standard range-of-motion or at/below your chest.
- At the bottom position, return back to the top, on the same path as the eccentric, as you squeeze your chest to initiate the concentric portion of the exercise.
- The arms should remain slightly bent throughout the movement. The arms are a lever between the chest and the dumbbell.
- The focus of this exercise should be on the stretching and contraction of the chest musculature and should be done at a slow pace.
- Going too heavy on weight can ruin the stretch and defeat the purpose of the exercise.