Decline Dumbbell Flys
Decline Dumbbell Flys Instructions
- Position your legs securely in the padding of the decline bench and lay back slowly with a dumbbell in each hand (palms facing each other) resting atop of your thighs.
- Extend your arms out above (palms still facing each other).
- With elbows slightly bent, lower the weights in a semicircular motion as low as you can without discomfort. You should aim for a stretch in the chest musculature.
- Once dumbbells are about level with your chest, pull the dumbbells back to starting position using the same plane, really squeezing your chest.
- The arms should remain slightly bent throughout the movement. The arms are a lever between the chest and the dumbbell.
- The focus of this exercise should be on the stretching and contraction of the chest musculature and should be done at a slow pace.
- Going too heavy on weight can ruin the stretch and defeat the purpose of the exercise.