Crossbody Hammer Curls
Crossbody Hammer Curls Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Have a dumbbell in each hand, resting at your sides, palms facing your body.
- Begin by curling one arm up towards the opposite shoulder until the top of the dumbbell lightly touches it or your forearm is just above parallel.
- Your forearms are strongly activated in this curl variation.
- Slowly the lower the weight and repeat the same movement with the opposite arm.
- Refrain from “swinging” the weight or leaning backwards.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep and forearm, not your lower half or shoulder.