Close Grip EZ Curl (EZ Bar Curl)
Close Grip EZ Curl Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- With your hands roughly 6-8 inches apart, hold an EZ Curl bar with an underhand grip.
- You elbows should be at your sides.
- Maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the bar until it it at shoulder level.
- Take a quick pause to hold the contraction.
- Lower the bar to the starting position under control.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Your body and upper arms should remain fixed throughout the exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- The EZ Bar helps take stress off of your elbows.