Cable Upright Row
Cable Upright Row Instructions
- Set the pulley to the lowest notch.
Be facing the cable machine and assume a strong lifting position:
- Core and glutes activated
- Chest up and shoulders back
- Knees slightly bent
- Eyes fixed ahead.
- With an overhand grip, grab the attachment just inside shoulder-width.
- Rest the attachment on the upper part of your thighs with arms relaxed and elbows slightly flexed.
- Vertically pull the attachment by focusing on activating your delts.
- Your arms are a lever for your delts. Don't use momentum or other musculature to complete the exercise.
- Don't shrug your shoulders, keep your strong posture.
- Raise the weight to your collarbone.
- Lower the weight to the starting stance.
- Don't drop the weight from the top, control the descent.
- You want tension on the cable at all times.
- Ignore the notion of bringing the attachment past your collarbone.
- Focus on keeping the tension on your delts throughout the range-of-motion.
- Maintain a strong posture, not letting your shoulders slump forward.
- If your shoulders slump forward and you are trying to raise the attachment vertically, this can place your shoulder in a compromised position, potentially leading to injury down the road.