Cable Rope Overhead Tricep Extensions
Cable Rope Overhead Tricep Extensions Instruction
- Fix a rope to a cable attachment and set it toward the bottom of the machine.
- Grip the rope and turn to face away from the machine.
- Elevate your elbows above your head.
- Your elbows can flare slightly.
- Make sure to be standing in a strong, lifting position.
- Chest up.
- Eyes fixated straight ahead.
- Core is braced with no arch in the low back.
- Knees are slightly bent.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Extend at the elbow and push the rope up, allow your arms, wrists, and hands to rotate naturally.
- This applies for the concentric and eccentric.
- On the eccentric, don't be afraid to let your elbows track inward slightly. This is creating a greater stretch on the tricep musculature.
- This helps maintain tension in the muscle on the descent.
- Don't just drop the weight from the top.
- Aim for volume with this exercise, using heavier weight with this movement will cause unwarranted stress on your low back and elbow.
- Using "Free" Handles is another attachment that works well with this exercise.