Cable One Arm Tricep Extensions
Cable One Arm Tricep Extensions Instruction
- Set the cable attachment above your head.
- Attach a rope or any form of attachment that allows your arm & wrist to move freely.
- Grip the rope with one hand and be slightly hinged at the hips.
- Maintain proper posture with your chest up and and shoulders back.
- Your elbow is roughly parallel to your head.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Push the rope down allowing your amr and wrist to naturally rotate.
- Sqeeze the tricep at the bottom before return to the starting position.
- Maintain tension on the tricep from start to finish
- Allow your hand, wrist, and arm to rotate naturally on the eccentric as well.
- Do not let your elbow flare excessively.
- On the eccentric, don't let your elbows come up to high. This will activate your lats and take away from the tricep.
- Aim for volume with this exercise, using heavier weight with this movement will cause unwarranted stress on the elbow.
- This is an assistance exercise for a reason.