Cable Kickbacks (One Legged Kickback)
Cable Kickbacks Instructions
- Attach an ankle cuff or handle to a cable pulley.
- Lower the pulley to the lowest setting. Place your ankle in the cuff/handle.
- Facing the direction of the the weight stack, hinge at the hip and rest one hand against the cable machine.
- With a slight knee bend, tighten and engage your glutes to drive your heel in a semicircular motion behind you.
- Don't focus on pulling your leg as high as possible, focus on the glute contraction/activation.
- Lower your leg to the starting position, controlling the eccentric portion.
- Repeat movement for desired amount of reps. Switch to the other leg and repeat.
- This can be done with exercise bands if a cable machine is not present.
- Focus on the quality of the movement, not how much weight you can use.
- Don't 'jerk' the leg back. Your leg is a lever between the cable and your glutes.