Cable Hammer Curl
Cable Hammer Curl Instructions
- Set a cable machine pulley to the lowest attachment point with a rope attached.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab the rope with both hands facing each other, elbows kept close to the torso.
- While maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the attachment up using your biceps and forearms until it is at shoulder level. The movement is initiated and controlled by the bicep and forearms.
- Hold the contraction at the top for a split-second. Your thumbs are facing you at the top as well.
- Lower slowly to starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- The muscle used first will be used the most.
- Don't let your elbow flare inward excessively.