Bradford Press Instructions
- Set the bar to shoulder level in the rack.
- Before unracking, assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders braced, knees slightly flexed, chest up and eyes fixed ahead.
- Grip the bar with your forearms relatively vertical, hands are just outside shoulder-width.
- Unrack the bar and begin pressing the bar high enough to clear your head.
- Once the bars clears your head, lower behind your head to ear level. DO NOT bring the bar any lower.
Reverse the motion to the front bringing the bar to your collar bone. This movement will conclude one repetition.
Bradford Press Tips
- The forearms must remain perpendicular to the floor throughout the exercise.
- Strive to keep the shoulder musculature under constant tension, don't bounce the weight or lose control of the tempo.