Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
Behind The Neck Shoulder Press Instructions
- Position the bar slightly above your head within the rack. Sit against a 90-degree bench in the squat rack.
- Assume a strong posture: core tight, shoulders down-and-back, chest up and eyes looking straight ahead.
- With palms forward, grip the barbell wider than you would for a standard overhead press.
- Keep your shoulders pulled back, forearms vertical and trunk braced throughout the movement.
- In a slow, controlled movement, lower the bar behind your neck.
- When your upper arms reach just past parallel to the floor, press the weight back.
- DO NOT LOWER bringing the bar lower than the top of your head to avoid excess shoulder stress.
- Use lighter weight! Focus on the range-of-motion and proper muscle activation of the delts and triceps.
- Refrain from arching your back excessively when lowering or pressing the weight.