Barbell Curl Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab a barbell with an underhand grip just outside shoulder-width. Your elbows should be resting by your sides.
- While maintaining fixed upper arms, begin by curling the bar up using your biceps until it is at shoulder level. The movement is initiated and controlled by the bicep.
- Take a quick pause to hold the contraction at the top.
- Lower the bar slowly to starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm. development.
- This movement is performed in a controlled manner.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.