Arnold Press Instructions
- Angle a bench to 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up
- Core braced
- Shoulders pinned back
- Feet rooted on the ground
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and raise them in front of you with your palms facing you. This is the starting position.
- Triceps are parallel to the floor.
- Your forearms and wrists remain vertical throughout the movement.
- Press overhead while simultaneously rotating your wrists.
- Let your arm naturally rotate as you press.
- At the top position, your hands will be facing forward.
- Your delts initiate the movement.
- Imagine bringing your armpits forward as you press.
- This will create a strong, safe shoulder position.
- After a brief pause, lower the weight to the starting position.
- Again, let your arms naturally rotate on the descent.
- Keep your shoulders back and chest up throughout the exercise.
- Your low back should not be arched.