Arnold Press Instructions
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, core braced, and shoulders pinned back.
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and raise them in front of you with palms facing you. This is the starting position.
- Press overhead while simultaneously rotating your palms. At the top position, your hands will be facing forward.
- Your delts initiate the movement.
- After a brief pause, lower the weight to the starting position.
- Keep your shoulders pinned back and chest up throughout the exercise.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the beginning of the movement. They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Keep your low back pinned to the bench. You do not want to be arching your lumbar excessively.