Alternating Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Alternating DB Shoulder Press Instructions
- Set the bench angle at 90-degrees.
- Be seated in a strong, athletic posture:
- Chest up and shoulders back,
- Core braced with a neutral spine.
- Feet rooted in the ground with your eyes fixed straight ahead.
- Bring the dumbbells to shoulder height one at a time.
- Use your thighs to “bump” the weight up if needed.
- Your triceps are parallel to the floor at the start of the movement. Your forearms and wrists remain vertical throughout the movement.
- They should never be lower than this at any point during the exercise.
- Your wrists never "roll" back.
- With palms facing forward, press one arm overhead while keeping the other stationary.
- Your delts and triceps are handling the load while your core is braced.
- Imagine bringing your armpit forward as you press.
- Lower the dumbbell back to the starting level THEN alternate arms.
- Don't lose your strong posture as you fatigue.