Alternating Cable Shoulder Press
Alternating Cable Shoulder Press Instructions
Lower the pulleys to the bottom setting and stand between the attachment points.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged with your shoulders pinned back and chest up.
- Grab the cable handles and bring them to shoulder height with palms facing forward for the starting position.
- Keep your forearms relatively vertical throughout the exercise.
- Press one arm straight overhead while keeping your chest up and eyes fixed straight ahead.
- Lower weight back down to the starting position.
- Alternate sides and repeat the same movement on the opposite arm. That concludes one rep of this exercise
- Do not let your low back excessively arch (lumbar). You do have thoracic extension while keeping your core braced.
- Visualize bringing your armpit forward as you complete the movement.