Alternating Cable Curl
Alternating Cable Curl Instructions
- Set each pulley attachment to the lowest setting. Stand facing away from the machine.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab the handles with an underhand grip and situate your arms and hands at your sides.
- Begin by curling one arm up using your biceps until it is at shoulder level. The movement is initiated and controlled by the bicep.
- Take a quick pause to hold the contraction at the top.
- Lower slowly to the starting stance, maintaining tension on the muscle throughout the range-of-motion.
- Perform with the other arm.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with building your arms.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Initiate the movement with your bicep, not your lower half or shoulder.
- Keep tension on the bicep through the full range-of-motion.