Seated Barbell Raise
Seated Barbell Raise Instructions
- Sit toward the end of a flat bench.
- Place a barbell in front of you with the middle of it resting on the bench.
- Grab a barbell with an overhand grip about shoulder width apart.
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders pinned back, chest up, and eyes fixed ahead.
- Using your delts, slowly raise the bar up to shoulder height while keeping your arms extended.
- Raise the bar in a semi-circular path, not vertically,
- After a quick pause, lower the barbell in a controlled fashion.
- Refrain from raising the bar above shoulder height.
- This movement should be done in a slow and controlled manner.
- Focus on activating your delts to accomplish.
- Do not rolling your torso back or elevating your elbows to move the barbell.
- Maintain strong posture throughout the movement, do not let your shoulders slump forward or traps elevate.