Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown Instructions
- Set the cable attachment above your head.
- Fix 2 free handles to the attachment point.
- The "free" handles allow your wrist to move and elicit greater tricep activation.
- Grip the handles with your palms facing upward. You want to be slightly hinged at the hips.
- Maintain proper posture with your chest up and and shoulders back.
- Elbows are into your sides wit your hands away from your body.
- Create the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Push the rope down allowing your wrist to rotate.
- The path of the rope is somewhat behind you.
- Sqeeze the tricep at the bottom before return to the starting position.
- Maintain tension on the tricep from start to finish.
- Aim for volume with this exercise, using heavier weight with this movement will cause unwarranted stress on the elbow.
- This is an assistance exercise for a reason.
- Do not let your elbows flare.
- This will take tension off of the tricep and put it on the chest and shoulders.
- Do not let the rope come too close your body.
- On the eccentric, don't let your elbows come up to high. This will activate your lats and take away from the tricep.