Overhead Tricep Extension
Overhead Tricep Extension Instructions
- Be seated in a strong athletic position
- Chest up with your shoulders back.
- Core is braced, your low back is not arched.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead.
- Grip the base of a dumbbell and place it overhead behind you.
- Elbows are flared slightly.
- Initiate the mind-muscle connection of creating and maintaining tension in the tricep throughout the exercise.
- Extend your arms at the elbow and press the weight overhead.
- Lower the weight while keeping tension on the tricep. You can let your elbow track back slightly.
- Don't aimlessly lower the weight.
- Don't let your low back arch. Keep your core braced and spine neutral.