One Leg Calf Raise on Leg Press
One Leg Calf Raise on Leg Press Instructions
- Sit in a leg press machine with one foot at the base of the foot pad.
- Knee is slightly flexed and foot is pointed straight ahead.
- Unrack the leg press by flexing/extending at the ankle.
- Maintain the knee flex throughout the range-of-motion.
- Conscientiously control the exercise by lengthening and shortening your calf musculature.
- At the top (full plantar flexion), think about driving your heel into the back of your knee.
- Don't bounce the weight up. Really emphasize controlling the exercise with your calves.
- Muscle > Momentum
One Leg Calf Raise on Leg Press Tips
- Establish a strong mind-muscle connection and be deliberate with each repetition.
- Experiment with different rep schemes and various time-under-tension protocols.
- Don't actively point your feet internally or externally. This will have no real effect on the execution of the exercise.