Dumbbell Scaption Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- With your arms slightly in front, hold a dumbbell in each hand with the ends facing out.
- With a slight bend in the arms, raise them in a semicircular motion until they are parallel to the ground. The dumbbells should be vertically positioned when they reach the top of the movement.
- Along the same path as the ascent, slowly lower the weight back the starting point. Do not just drop the weight back down haphazardly.
- Use a much lighter weight for this exercise. It is an isolation movement and must be performed through a full range-of-motion to be maximized.
- Do not initiate the exercise with excessive arm movement or momentum.
- The arms are a lever for your delts.
- Do not actively shrug your traps.