Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing your sides.
- With your elbows slightly flexed, initiate the movement by contracting your delts and raising/abducting your arms parallel to the floor at your sides.
- The arms are a lever for your delts. There is no excess arm movement or momentum.
- Create the mind-muscle connection that your delts are controlling the movement.
- At the top position, your palms are still facing towards the floor.
- Lower the weight in a controlled manner to the starting position.
- Don't shrug or use your elbows to elevate the weight up.
- Refrain from swinging/swaying the dumbbells upward.