Drag Curls Instructions
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your chest up.
- Grab a barbell with an underhand grip just outside shoulder-width. Your elbows should be resting by your sides.
- Initiated with your biceps, drag (pull) the bar up without letting it touch you.
- At the top of the movement, the back of your hand will be parallel to the floor.
- Lower the bar down the same path under control.
- The eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric with arm development.
- Refrain from elevating your traps or lifting your shoulders
- Allow your elbows to elevate, they are not pinned at your sides like a normal curl movement.