Cable Shrug Instructions
- Set both attachments to the lowest setting with free-handles attached.
- Position your feet in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back and eyes fixed straight ahead.
- Grab each handle, resting at your sides, hands in a neutral position.
- With passive arms, lift (shrug) your shoulders straight up, think about bringing your traps to your ears. Pause to hold the contraction.
- Refrain from using your arms to pull the bar up. The arms are merely a lever for your traps.
- The handles remain at your sides, don't let them drift in front or behind you. Maintain that initial, neutral hand position.
Lower to the starting position.
- Don't lose your strong posture as you lower the weight.
- Don't use momentum or excess movement to elevate the weight.