Cable Lateral Raise
Cable Lateral Raise Instructions
- Set both pulley attachments to the lowest notch.
- Grab the left handle with your right hand and the right handle with your left hand.
- Stand in the middle of the two attachment points.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- Your core is braced and engaged with your shoulders pinned back.
- Raise (abduct) your arms out in a semicircular motion with your elbows slightly flexed.
- The mind-muscle connection is on the delts controlling the weight.
- Don't shrug or pull the weight up with your elbows.
- Bring the handles to about shoulder height, pause briefly, then lower back down.
- Don't raise above your shoulders.
- Maintain tension on the cables throughout the full range of motion.
- Keep tension on the delts from start to finish. No momentum or lower body action used to lift the weight.