Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs
Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs Instructions
- Position your feet just inside shoulder-width,
- With a barbell positioned behind you, stand straight and grip a barbell a little wider than shoulder-width, your palms facing away from you.
- Make sure to keep your core braced and engaged, not letting your low back arch excessively.
- Maintain an upright chest from start to finish. Don't let your shoulders round.
- Lift (shrug) your shoulders straight up, think about bringing your traps to your ears. Quickly pause to hold the contraction.
- Release and lower the bar to the starting position.
- Focus on the isolation of the traps.
- Keep the bar as close to your center-of-gravity as possible.
- Refrain from using your arms to pull the bar up. The arms are merely a lever for your traps.
- Don't use momentum or excess movement to elevate the bar.