Barbell Front Raise
Barbell Front Raise Instructions
- Assume a strong lifting position: core and glutes activated, shoulders pinned back, chest up, knees slightly flexed, and eyes fixed ahead.
- Grip the barbell with a pronated hand position at shoulder-width.
- Using your delts, slowly raise the bar up to shoulder height while keeping your arms extended and elbows slightly bent.
- Your arms are a lever for your delts. Don't use momentum or other musculature to complete the exercise.
- Don't shrug your shoulders, keep your strong posture.
- After a quick pause, lower the barbell in a controlled fashion.
- Don't drop the bar from the top.
- Refrain from raising the bar above shoulder height.
- Focus on activating your delts to control the bar path.
- Don't pull the weight vertically like an upright row.