The 60 Minute Leg Demolisher Workout
That's right I'm talking about leg day. Cue the scary dramatic music!
Leg days are usually the most difficult, demanding, and often times longest workout of the week. But you're in a conundrum. You have a date set up with the girl you met on Tinder and you're short on time.
In this situation what do you choose? The girl or the workout?
If you answered with "the workout" we applaud the commitment. If you answered with "the girl"? Do you even lift?
Correct Answer: DO BOTH.
By following this fast-paced, high intensity leg workout routine you will not only make all kinds of gains, but you just might make it to second base after you take the girl out to a classy establishment such as Denny's or TGI Friday's, if you really feel like balling out.
Perform this workout with limited rest and high reps. We're going for high volume here.
Note: Perform one or more warmup sets to work up to your normal working weight for the day. Remember the main objective is to get in and out of the gym while still obtaining maximal volume so here goes.
The Ultimate Leg Day WorkoutFirst we're starting with moderate weight, using moderate to high rep compound movements.
- Front Squats (4 sets of 8-12 reps at around 70% of your 1RM, 30 seconds between sets)
- Back Squats (4 sets of 8-12 reps at around 70% of your 1RM, 30 seconds between sets)
- Stiff-Leg Deadlifts (4 sets of 8-12 reps at around 70% of your 1RM, 45 seconds between sets)
- Goblet Squats (Run the rack): For this exercise, run the rack starting at around 40% of your 1RM for 20 reps, then increase your weight by 10 pounds each set with no rest between sets. The weight will vary depending upon your skill level and fatigue.
- 50 Pound dumbbell for 20 reps
- 60 Pound dumbbell for 15 reps
- 70 Pound dumbbell for 12 reps
- 80 Pound dumbbell for 10 reps
- 90 Pound dumbbell for 8 reps
- 100 Pound dumbbell for 6 reps
- 90 Pound dumbbells for 8 reps
- 80 Pound dumbbells for 10 reps
- 70 Pound dumbbells for 12 reps
- 50 Pound dumbbell AMRAP
Lastly, if your legs aren't fried yet we have some fast-paced assistance work guaranteed to make you feel the burn.
- Leg Extension superset with Lying Hamstring Curls (5 supersets with 20 reps each).
Lastly, we are working calves. But since nobody likes working calves anyways we will make this one quick and painless.
- Standing Calf Raises (10 sets of 10 reps at 60% 1RM if anyone knows their one-rep max for calf raises - I'm not even sure if that's a thing). If you are working with a partner through this workout there should be no rest you simply go back and forth on this movement. Calves should take you under 5 minutes, remember we have a schedule to keep here folks.
Leg Day Gainzzzz!This workout is meant for performing maximum volume while on a time crunch so we are emphasizing full muscle contraction through every repetition. If you stick to the prescribed schedule and stay focused this workout should take you less than an hour.
I can't promise you will be able to walk out of the gym, but I do promise your legs will burn for days.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ryanrodal and visit my website.