Front Plate Raise
Front Plate Raise Instructions
Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- Grip and hold the plate with your thumbs positioned at 3 and 9 o’clock.
- Tighten your midsection, straighten your back, and retract your shoulders while holding the plate a few inches from your body to be in starting position.
- Begin by slowly raising the plate up, in the same plane as the starting position of 3 & 9 o'clock, while maintaining slightly flexed elbows until your arms are parallel to the floor. Pause briefly.
- Lower to the starting position in the same plane.
- The arms are a lever for your delts. There is no excess arm movement or momentum.
- Thumbs are always pointing up during the movement.
- Refrain from swinging/swaying the plates upward.