MTS Nutrition Machine Fuel - Intraworkout BCAA Supplement
"I knew the power of Intraworkout Nutrition with the proven BCAA ratio of 2:1:1 Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine when I first tried it. I knew it would be the next big thing in the sport nutrition industry. So I set out relentlessly to educate the world on this miraculous yet basic supplement. Years later, it is still a growing category and with MTS Nutrition Machine Fuel I had a chance to improve upon an already amazing category. Machine Fuel is my choice for intraworkout BCAA supplementation and if anyone knows intraworkout supplementation, it’s me."-Marc Lobliner, CEO of MTS Nutrition
MACHINE FUEL INTRODUCTION
We all know recovery is crucial when it comes to building lean muscle mass. However, most are unaware of the fact that they are breaking down muscle tissue when they train, not building it. This is why proper rest and nutrients are essential if you are looking to maximize your gains. Protein is the building blocks of muscle and Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein! Amino Acids are the key macronutrient responsible for creating muscle.
Marc "The Machine" Lobliner created the "intraworkout" category in 2004. His belief in the benefits of BCAA was so great that he traveled around the world educating individuals on the importance of BCAA during training. Thereafter, a new, enormous category was born and several studies validating the importance of BCAA during training surfaced. Adhering the most stringent quality control standards, Machine Fuel combines the proven 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA to enhance recovery and reduce muscle breakdown with AgmaPure for enhanced pump and protein assimilation, Taurine for cellular hydration and coconut water powder to naturally replace electrolytes lost during training. The BCAA in Machine Fuel are derived from 100% VEGAN INSTAMINOS.
WHAT'S IN MACHINE FUEL?
L-Leucine (3g), L-Isoleucine (1.5g), L-Valine (1.5g)
L-Leucine: Deemed as the most important of the three BCAAs, L-Leucine positively affects muscle protein synthesis (Blomstrand et al., 2006) which aids in promoting new muscle growth. This is extremely important when striving for hypertrophy and adding quality lean muscle mass. L-Leucine helps prevent the breakdown of muscle, or muscle wasting (atrophy/catabolism) itself. This can be extremely important when dieting and trying to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. When L-Leucine is metabolized, ketones are produced (Holmes et al, 1995) and are used as a source of energy and fuel for both the brain as well as the body.
L-Isoleucine: One of the three branched chain amino acids, L-Isoleucine, has the ability to not only help the body recover from exercise and strenuous activity, but can also give the body an added boost of energy to improve stamina and endurance (Sharp et al., 2010). Like all BCAAs, L-Isoleucine cannot be manufactured by the body alone, and therefore would need to come from diet and supplementation where it can then be catabolized by the muscle and utilized.
L-Valine: Similar to L-Isoleucine, L-Valine is able to improve energy levels during exercise. And being that it is one of the “big three” in terms of branched chain amino acids, it’s needed to help promote recovery and muscle growth following resistance training. With the ability to help increase protein synthesis (Carunchio et al., 2010), L-Valine can help build stronger and larger muscle fibers.
Agmatine Sulfate (AgmaPure®): 500mg
Familiar with L-Arginine? It’s used in many pre-workout products to aid in providing a pump/vasodilation. Agmatine, is simply a metabolite of L-Arginine and has many benefits. You can find Agmatine in many pre-workouts as well as nootropic supplements. When it comes to benefits, Agmatine is great for mental functioning such as mental health, stress management, and mental clarity (Examine). Agmatine has the ability to aid in increasing insulin response which has the ability to improve body composition (Hwang et al., 2005). If looking to add quality mass to your physique, it’s important to push yourself in the gym. With the help of Agmatine, you can reduce perceived pain, allowing you to push harder and longer during workouts (Keynan et al., 2010). In order to build quality lean muscle mass, you also need to increase protein synthesis while shuttling nutrients to the muscles to help them rebuild and recover. Agmatine aids in regulating nitric oxide synthase to help produce nitric oxide which can than cause a vasodilation effect of the blood vessels to help transport nutrients throughout the body and into working muscles (Biolo, 1997). Another key benefit of Agmatine is it’s potential to affect testosterone levels. When there is a higher level of testosterone present, it primes the body to build muscle. Agmatine can also increase the secretion of luteinizing hormone, which is vital in testosterone production (Kalra et al., 1995).
L-Taurine is known for controlling glucose levels (Nandhini et al., 2002), increasing fat oxidation (Rutherford et al., 2010), and improving physical performance (Balshaw et al., 2012). Besides the fitness related benefits, supplementing with L-Taurine also helps with cardiac functioning (Ahmadian et al., 2017), helps with the growth of brain cells (Ritiker, 2015), and can reduce the likelihood of metabolic syndrome – which includes lowering cholesterol levels, reducing triglycerides, improving glucose metabolism, as well as reducing blood pressure (Chen et al., 2016).
Coconut Water Powder: 2g
Machine Fuel now includes Coconut Water Powder! The demands put on the body during strenuous activity can deplete the body of vital nutrients. Coconut water powder is able to replenish lost micronutrients such as potassium, sodium, and chloride (Chavalittamrong et al., 1982). When added to a post-workout nutrition program, coconut water is able to aid in rehydration (Ismail et al., 2007) and provide the body with lost electrolytes. Non-exercise related, coconut water also has added health benefits such as lowering blood pressure (Alleyne et al., 2005) and lowering triglycerides and cholesterol levels (Sandhya et al., 2006). It provides several potential benefits including:
- Electrolyte Replenishment
- Lowered blood pressure: Studies have demonstrated coconut water might dramatically decrease blood pressure (1)(2)
- Lower cholesterol and triglycerides (3)(4)
4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17004906 (edited)
CAN I SEE THE SUPP FACTS?
Of course! All of our flavors have the same nutritional information. Here is the nutritional value of each serving:
1. Biolo, G. “An abundant supply of amino acids enhances the metabolic effect of exercise on muscle protein.” Am. J. Physiol. 273 (Endocrinol. Metab. 36): El22-E129, 1997
2. Blomstrand E, et al. “Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise.” J Nutr. (2006)
3. Carunchio I, et al. “Increased levels of p70S6 phosphorylation in the G93A mouse model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and in valine-exposed cortical neurons in culture.” Exp Neurol. (2010)
4. Chavalittamrong B, Pidatcha P, Thavisri U. “Electrolytes, sugar, calories, osmolarity and pH of beverages and coconut water.” Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1982, 13 (3): 427-31.
5. Chen, W, et al. “The Beneficial Effects of Taurine in Preventing Metabolic Syndrome.” Food & Function., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Apr. 2016
6. Examine. https://examine.com/supplements/agmatine/
7. Holmes HC, et al. “Ketogenic flux from lipids and leucine, assessment in 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA lyase deficiency.” Biochem Soc Trans. (1995)
8. Hwang SL, et al. “Activation of imidazoline receptors in adrenal gland to lower plasma glucose in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.” Diabetologia. (2005)
9. Ismail I, Singh R, Sirisinghe RG. “Rehydration with sodium-enriched coconut water after exercise-induced dehydration.” Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2007, 38 (4): 769-85.
10. Kalra SP, et al. “Agmatine, a novel hypothalamic amine, stimulates pituitary luteinizing hormone release in vivo and hypothalamic luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone release in vitro.” Neurosci Lett. (1995)
11. Keynan O, et al. “Safety and Efficacy of Dietary Agmatine Sulfate in Lumbar Disc-associated Radiculopathy. An Open-label, Dose-escalating Study Followed by a Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial.” Pain Med. (2010)
12. Nandhini AT, Anuradha CV. “Taurine modulates kallikrein activity and glucose metabolism in insulin resistant rats.” Amino Acids. (2002)
13. Ritiker, Forrest. “Grow New Brain Cells.” Life Extension, Sept. 2015
14. Ahmadian, M, et al. “Taurine Supplementation Improves Functional Capacity, Myocardial Oxygen Consumption, and Electrical Activity in Heart Failure.” Journal of Dietary Supplements., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 4 July 2017
15. Alleyne, T, et al. “The Control of Hypertension by Use of Coconut Water and Mauby: Two Tropical Food Drinks.” The West Indian Medical Journal., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Jan. 2005
16. Balshaw TG, et al. “The effect of acute taurine ingestion on 3-km running performance in trained middle-distance runners.” Amino Acids. (2012)
17. Rutherford JA, Spriet LL, Stellingwerff T. “The effect of acute taurine ingestion on endurance performance and metabolism in well-trained cyclists.” Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. (2010)
18. Sandhya, V G, and T Rajamohan. “Beneficial Effects of Coconut Water Feeding on Lipid Metabolism in Cholesterol-Fed Rats.” Journal of Medicinal Food., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2006
19. Sharp, C. and Pearson, D. “Amino Acid Supplements and Recovery from High-Intensity Resistance Training.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2010, Volume 24, Issue 4, (pp. 1125-30)
1 year ago
Got the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, and sip it throughout my workouts. Have noticed that it helps fuel me throughout my workouts as well as with recovery afterwards!
1 year ago
11 months ago
In the morning upon waking, in between meals and during your workout! Love it and recovery was amazing!
Agmatine is addeded due to it’s benefits. Agmatine is a byproduct of Arginine and at a much SMALLER dose of as low as 500mg you can elicit some great benefits, from pumps, to acting as a neurotransmitter (mental acuity), to removing metabolic waste. It does SO MUCH!