Protein-Packed Mini Peanut Butter Donuts Recipe
However, there are many replacement options available to help aide in your diet by creating similar foods that are more macro friendly. Donuts typically are one of those food items that most dieters avoid.
With the help of the MTS Peanut Butter Fluff protein powder we are about to change that. Our mini peanut butter protein donuts will leave you wanting more all while still getting your protein intake.
High Protein Donut Ingredients
- 75g Oat Flour (Can be purchased or made from old-fashioned Oats)
- 25g MTS Peanut Butter Fluff whey protein
- 100g (Approximately one small container of Apple Sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Whole Egg
- 24g PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- Reese?s Puff cereal as desired
[caption id="attachment_23416" align="alignright" width="280"] Click here to order PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter.[/caption]
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together your donut ingredients (e.g. Oat flour, MTS Peanut Butter fluff, apple sauce, baking powder, and egg) until they form a solid consistency.
- Take out a donut baking sheet (Note: I used a mini donut baking sheet, but normal sized donut baking sheets can be used as well. However, if making larger sized donuts, increase the cooking time accordingly).
- Spray your donut baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop your mixture into the baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 6-7 minutes (Note: Your cooking times may vary depending upon your individual oven).
- Take out your donuts and let them cool off for a couple of minutes.
- Pour two servings of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter into a bowl (24g).
- Add in a small bit of water as necessary.
- Mix together until a solid peanut butter consistency is formed.
- Top donuts with PB2 spread and some Reese?s Puff cereal (if desired).
Nutrition Facts, Including Topping(Makes 9 Mini Donuts)
- Calories - 390
- Fat - 9g
- Carbohydrates - 35g
- Protein - 38g
If you enjoy the donuts be sure to try making them and hashtag #tfdonuts on Instagram! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ryanrodal and subscribe to our YouTube channel TigerFitnessSquad.