Transformation: Mitch Watson Packs on 65 Pounds
Before my transformation I was always with my friends trying to fit in. I had always been skinny my whole life. Ever since childhood I fantasized about being like
What Were Your Major Struggles or Challenges?
It came time for the next season and I had become too interested in lifting weights to even want to play football. I quit the football team and kept striving toward my dreams.
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
For cardio I have always ran and that was about it, I followed a 3 day a week full body routine for the first year, then the second I did a split, still focusing on core movements, now mostly I do bodybuilding workouts.
Detail Your Diet/Eating Plan During Your Transformation
From the moment I have started I just set a protein number to hit every day and a carb number to hit. I've tried to stray from fast food, and eat healthy, but I've never had much trouble staying lean so dieting was never a big issue.
Detail Your Supplement Plan During Your Transformation
Staples have been creatine, whey and pre-workout. For my first year I took Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass but I don't feel as if I need that anymore so I just stick to whey.
What Was Your Major Accomplishment, or Major Milestones?
My first milestone was benching 225 and squatting 315 around the same time, around a year and a half after I started. Another accomplishment was hitting 185 pounds. I never thought I would get there.
Detail Your 3 Biggest Mistakes
- Training my triceps too much for the first 2 years has left my biceps looking small even though my arms measure 17.5 inches.
- The next was neglecting protein intake sometimes, which I quickly saw my strength fall when doing.
- The third was neglecting my legs after an injury. I used it as an excuse but I have corrected this mistake.
- Train compound movements for best results.
- Don't kill yourself over dieting.
- Don't waste money on supplements if you don't want to work hard. There is no replacement for hard work.
Don't look for an easy way around it. Don't go buy the skinny guy savior, or skinny guy mass plan. Just man up and eat until you don't want to move, and dig deep and use many compound movements.
Never give up on something you love, if you feel like it, think of why you started.