2. "Don't fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."
3. "If you truly love life, don't waste time because time is what life is made of."
4. "I am not teaching you anything. I just help you to explore yourself."
5. "?The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus."
11. "The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment."
12. "The more we value things, the less we value ourselves."
13. "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."
14. "Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."
15. "If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today."
16. "Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
17. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
18. "In order to control myself I must first accept myself by going with and not against my nature."
19. "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal."
20. "Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence."
21. "Do not be tense, just be ready, not thinking but not dreaming, not being set but being flexible. It is being "wholly" and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come."
22. "Be happy, but never satisfied."
23. "If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
24. "Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do."
25. "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
26. "If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you."
27. "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
28. "Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success."
29. "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential."
30. "Learning is never cumulative, it is a movement of knowing which has no beginning and no end."
31. "Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier."
32. "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."
33. "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."
34. "Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."
35. "A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard."
36. "Real living is living for others."
37. "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality."
38. "In the middle of chaos lies opportunity."
39. "It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you're being knocked down, Why am I being knocked down?' If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person."
40. "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."
41. "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."
42. "Remember no man is really defeated unless he is discouraged."
43. "Only the self-sufficient stand alone most people follow the crowd and imitate."
44. "Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
45. "For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime."
46. "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
47. "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
48. "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
49. "The second-hand artist blindly following his sensei or sifu accepts his pattern. As a result, his action is and , more importantly, his thinking become mechanical. His responses become automatic, according to set patterns, making him narrow and limited."
50. "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
51. "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."