J(8) Joint + Soft Tissue Motion
High Performance Nutrition J(8)
J(8) Ingredient Breakdown:
1) BioCell® CollagenJoint and connective tissue Health Benefits:- Supports joint function by strengthening cartilage and joint structure- Helps promote joint lubrication by replenishing the synovial fluid- Promotes joint comfort and mobility- Helps rebuild cartilage- Protects tendon and ligaments during intense exercise- Promotes tendon and ligament connective tissue recovery following intense exercise
Collagen is essential for the structure and function of many connective tissues which glue other tissues and organs together. As aging is closely associated with the loss of collagen and the deterioration of the connective tissue, supplementation of bioavailable hydrolyzed collagen helps to counteract the negative consequences.
NOT ALL COLLAGEN is created equally. Dramatically different sources, manufacturing, and purification processes all go into determining the effectiveness of the ingredient.
The patented production process of BioCell® leads to an ingredient that is 60x more available with a molecular weight that is 100x lower than "Standard" generic collagen. The patented manufacturing process is CRUCIAL to creating the ideal molecular size of the collagen to maximize absorption effectiveness and speed.
ONLY BioCell® has the clinical data through 4 human studies to prove its benefits!
STUDIES1. BioCell® Collagen on subjective pain caused by various joint discomforts- This trial enrolled 89 subjects who were experiencing pain caused by joint discomfort.- The subjects ingested BioCell® Collagen for 45 days.- Out of 89, 80 subjects (89%) taking BioCell Collagen experienced a degree of improved joint comfort.- In contrast, only one subject who took placebo had improved joint comfort.- No adverse events associated with BioCell Collagen were reported.
2. BioCell Collagen on joint discomfort- This randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial enrolled 16 subjects who had joint discomfort.- The safety and efficacy of BioCell Collagen in managing joint discomfort was investigated by using the WOMAC index.- The subjects ingested BioCell Collagen for 8 weeks.- As compared to placebo, BioCell Collagen significantly reduced the joint discomfort as much as 40% at the end of the study.- No adverse events associated with BioCell Collagen were reported.
3. BioCell Collagen on joint discomfort – expanded, confirmatory clinical trial- Results of study – Min. 30% less discomfort in 71% of subjects taking BioCell Collagen- This randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial enrolled 80 subjects who had joint discomfort.-The safety and efficacy of BioCell Collagen in managing joint discomfort was investigated by using the WOMAC index.- The subjects ingested BioCell Collagen for 10 weeks.- As compared to placebo, BioCell Collagen significantly reduced joint discomfort, confirming the earlier trial discussed above.- No adverse events associated with BioCell Collagen were reported.The study outcome was published in Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (2012).
4. BioCell Collagen may improve recovery following weight training exercise- Blood markers associated with muscular stress, creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase, and C-reactive protein, all showed improved levels following exercise challenge(s) between the BioCell Collagen treated and placebo groups- Post challenge performance decrement was diminished in BioCell Collagen individuals versus the placebo groupThe study outcome was published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
2) VitacherryUnited States grown Organic Tart Cherries are the source of this patented ingredient. The powerful and complete 600mg dosage provided in J(8) reduces provides a potent dosage of anthocyanin, a natural compound that reduces inflammation and post exercise soreness. Additionally, this will lead to faster recovery after strenuous activity/exercise. There is additional benefit in naturally lowering uric acid levels, which can hep with those suffering from pain induced by arthritis or gout
Studies:1) Runners with significantly less muscle pain
2) Marathoners using tart cherry for 1 week prior to race recovered faster with less inflammation
3) Cissus Quadrangularis 20% KSCissus is an herb that grows primarily in India, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, as well as parts of Africa. The herb has been used in traditional medicines for hundreds of years to increase bone strength and reduce muscle and joint pain. As issue in the past was that dosages of 1000mg or higher were needed due to low percentage of active KS within the herb extracts. Most Cissus materials were ranging from between 5 and 10% KS. HPN is using a 20% KS material which is 2-4x stronger and delivers greater results in improving joint health and muscle function.
Human Study Reference:A study in exercise trained men who experienced chronic joint pain due to said exercise given cissus quadrangularis daily for eight weeks noted that supplementation noted that supplementation was associated with a 31% reduction in total WOMAC score (self-reported joint pain and impairment) relative to baseline.
4) Paractin®Andrographis Paniculata is an annual herbaceous plant in the family Acanthaceae, and is one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the traditional systems of Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines. It is widely cultivated in India, China, and Southeastern Asia.
A. paniculata has been shown to strongly support healthy inflammatory response. Andrographolide, an active ingredient in Andrographis, has been shown to be responsible for the herb's inflammatory modulating actions.ParActin is a PATENTED and standardized extract from the Andrographis Paniculata plant that has been shown in research to promote healthy inflammatory response by naturally invigorating the PPAR gamma response, inhibiting NF-kappaB, the key regulator of our inflammatory response system, thereby naturally reducing pro-inflammatory cytokines and proteins associated with pain and soreness from everyday activities.
ParActin® Benefits for Bone HealthIn the process of bone formation, osteoblasts produce a calcium and phosphate-based mineral that is deposited. Almost the entire bone matrix is mineralized by the osteoblasts.
ParActin® increases osteoblast activity which has a mineralizing/protective effect on the bones with the increase of calcium deposits. This is crucial because with age our rate of bone breakdown becomes faster than our rate of bone rebuild. ParActin helps offset and fight this shift to increase bone health and strength.
osteoclast = bone breakdownosteoblast = bone rebuild
Efficacy Findings from ParActin® Joint Health Clinical Trials
STUDY #1In a randomized, double blind, and placebo-controlled study published on Clinical Rheumatology 2009, 60 patients with rheumatoid arthritis were given 100mg of ParActin® or placebo for 14 weeks.
ParActin® Group Showed Significant Diminishing In:- number of swollen joints - total grade of swollen joint - total grade of tender joints - HAQ - reduction of rheumatoid factor- reduction in IgA
ParActin® was effective in reducing number of swollen joints, total grade of swollen joint and tender joints. ParActin® helped normalize Rheumatoid Factor, creatinkinase, hemoglobin, immunoglobin IgA and IgM. The reduction in IgA and IgM is beneficial as there is positive correlation between the grade of cartilage damage.