Step Up Instructions
- Have a box placed with its height slightly below your knee.
- When placing a foot on the box, your thigh should be parallel to the floor.
- Be in a strong athletic position: knees flexed, core and glutes activated, chest up, and shoulders back.
- Place one foot on the box, maintaining core and postural integrity.
- Focus on driving your foot through the box, activating your glutes, quads and hamstrings of the working leg.
- AVOID PUSHING OFF THE BACK LEG.
- Stand tall on the box then lower your non-working leg to the starting position.
- Don't let your body fall forward or let excess weight be put on the balls of your feet.
- Avoid 'rolling' or 'rocking' into the movement. Be strict with the execution.