Side Plank Instructions
- Position yourself on the floor. You are laying at your side.
- Rest your forearm on the ground and elevate your hips
- The ultimate goal is to create a straight line through your ankles, knees, hips, torso, and shoulders.
- You are bringing your hips forward and squeezing your glutes.
- Your hips are not sagging at any point of the movement.
- contracting your glutes helps create the 'straight line' in your body
- Your elbow and upper arm is slightly outside your shoulder.
- Eyes are fixated straight ahead.
- Opposite hand is resting on top your hip
- Make sure there is no body rotation.
- Keep the time duration low at first, you have to build technique competency before progressing.
- Experiment with different elbow placements on the ground.